First Post: Welcome to Holiness Forum!

If you feel nothing else, we want you to feel welcome! (Galatians 3:28, Romans 15:7) Stop by, say hello, and let us know if there is something we can pray for you with or about. Welcome to Prayer Forums in the name of Jesus Christ!
Striver
Site Admin

Welcome to Holiness Forum! :D

We are a nondenominational Christian forum that welcomes everyone, regardless of denominational affiliation. Our hope and prayer is to be a virtual house of God fit for the followers of Christ!

To give you a little background, Holiness Forum is not my first rodeo. Years ago I founded another Christian forum which is still in existence and still thriving. Holiness Forum represents a change in my own life powered by none other than Christ himself. The Lord has taught me many lessons along the way, and I hope to communicate those here as we all grow closer in the faith.

This name came to me after reading a book about religion in the Appalachian Mountains. Church in those parts is done differently than what many of us are used to, and it reminded me how Christ speaks to different races, languages, and cultures in different ways.

You will learn more about this community as you participate, and I really don't want to make this introduction about me. I would rather you get to know and share in the abundant life that only Jesus Christ brings. I realize that phrase is beyond cliche, but it's a terrible way to sum up a wonderful thing in world filled with uncertainty, pessimism, and boredom.

So don't miss out, sign up today and get started!
Shekinah
Forum Newbie

Hey striver, so nice to be here. This is Shekinah aka Angelina. Looking forward to posting and finding out more about the Holiness movement from the Appalachian mountains church. :D
Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account. Hebrew 4:13
Striver
Site Admin

Thanks Shekinah/Angelina! :)

Still a long way to go here, but I look forward to what this community will bring! (I really do!)

As for the book, I need to start a topic. I think the movement has a ton of things we can learn as the church, moving forward. We may be entering a time when how the folks in Appalachia do church can be a model for a world where the church is smaller, plagued by scandal at higher levels, and is generally unfavorably looked upon for a variety of reasons. I pray that I don't become to obsessed with any denomination (or nondenomination), but that we all can become obsessed with the love God had for us by sending his Son to die on the cross!
Helen

Just saying 'Hello I am here. '

May God bless your Site and make it a blessing to others....

........Helen
Helen

Shekinah wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:15 pm Hey striver, so nice to be here. This is Shekinah aka Angelina. Looking forward to posting and finding out more about the Holiness movement from the Appalachian mountains church. :D

How did you post an avatar......I see nowhere on my profile page where I could do that?
Striver
Site Admin

Shekinah posted a helpful howto here for getting your avatar uploaded: https://www.holinessforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4

If you have any problems, let me know.

Welcome to HF and thank you so much for the blessing!
Shekinah
Forum Newbie

I am so excited about this new forum. I think I need to get out more Lol! :geek:
Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account. Hebrew 4:13
LForrest
Forum Newbie

LForrest here as well.

I look forward to fellowshipping here.
Helen

LForrest wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:04 am LForrest here as well.

I look forward to fellowshipping here.
I am just using you to practice on ha!
Nice to see you here...but I can't see the other 14 members anywhere!! :?
Joshua
Forum Newbie

Hello thanks for accepting me and creating this forum, I registered 3 weeks ago or so, and I have finally posted 😀