Coronavirus

You hear the stories of the power of prayer. Live it! (1 John 5:14) We are a praying people around here who that we rely on God for our hope and our future. Talk to the Father!
Striver
Site Admin

Needless to say, prayers up for the people in China and around the world who are dealing with this thing, as well as all of the other sicknesses for this time of year!
Striver
Site Admin

I'm upping my own prayer for this.

Obviously the case count has gone up across the world since I first posted this. I continue to pray for the world leaders, national leaders and local leaders confronting this crisis. We are in a time where while all of us are not under major threat of dying, a significant portion of our vulnerable population in age and infirmities is under tremendous threat.

Here in the US it's starting to strongly alter our way of life. I pray that we can all get through this and that God is glorified in the response of Christians to this.
Shekinah
Forum Newbie

Amen. Praying as I watch new events across the world. Praying for my country, my community and our people. Also praying for other countries.

My prayer list has included my family and their families and friends as well. I know that we are at a place where prayer is the key to healing of our nations and God is the answer.

Blessings!
Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account. Hebrew 4:13
Shekinah
Forum Newbie

Yesterday, it was reported that there were 66 confirmed cases of Covid19 in New Zealand. No deaths yet.That has dramatically changed to 102 overnight. Our Government is now going to lock our country down and we are preparing to self isolate for a whole month.
Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account. Hebrew 4:13
Shekinah
Forum Newbie

Our country is very sad today as we lose another person to corona virus. This is the second person we have lost in NZ :(
Shekinah
Forum Newbie

Twoo more people died today. Wow! such a sad day.
Striver
Site Admin

You are still doing better than we are in the states. 21,662 dead across the country, we've had the same amount of deaths (4) just in my county.

I still think this is probably a little low given there are likely some home-based deaths that are not tested.

Unfortunately, it looks like your deaths began roughly 19 days after first report?

It's amazing how patterned it all is. How have your overall cases been going? Everyone thinks they have it tamped down, and it's almost like a leaky old pipe in that it seems to bubble up elsewhere.

I still pray for the world on this nightly, myself! I don't think we will ever be the same. Thankfully, it's not going to be the 1918 flu, but that's not much comfort to the families and friends of the ~118k that have been lost across the world. I definitely look forward to the heavenly promise of a place where this level of suffering no longer happens to anyone!

I pray for the mercy of Christ on all of those who are stricken and affected by this plague.
Shekinah
Forum Newbie

These are our latest stats
New Zealand
1,098 confirmed
912 Recovered
12 Deaths

The majority of these deaths are between 70-90 years old. We had a few outbreaks in rest homes which was extremely sad. We are still in level 4 lockdown awaiting for news tomorrow to see if we are going to move to level 3 which is a little more flexible but not by much. Our Govt wants to stamp it out completely...
Shekinah
Forum Newbie

These are the latest covid19 stats for NZ 14/05/20

Confirmed 1,147
Recovered 1,411
Deaths 21

We were in lockdown level 4 for 4 weeks from 26 March 2020
Very strict. All at home accept essential workers. Borders were closed for travel but not for goods, limited travel accept for food at the supermarket. People were only allowed in their own towns, exercise and walking okay but needed to be in our own neighbourhood, work from home if possible, no traveling outside their areas. All stores were closed accept for food supplies, petrol stations and essential supplies. All schools closed, if a family member died in this level, families were not able to attend. They would do an on-line thing with their funeral director. small bubbles or groups that were exclusive, no extensions etc].

Then we cautiously moved to level 3 for 2 weeks [which is basically the same but more movement was allowed. Schools still shut down with some schools or care providers for children of essential workers, open. Our bubbles were extended a little more to include other family members and some small corner stores were able to open, more workers were able to get back to work with the 2 meter rule in place. Every store open, needed to have rules set up for distancing, and pick up, drop off. Same applies to on-line shopping which was closed until this level.

Now we are looking at the beginning of level 2 this week and our PM is very cautiously going forward, not wanting us to have to go backwards after all the gains we've made. During the past 2 weeks we have only had single digits in those who have contracted the virus and most of those have been traced, either to a known cluster [gathering of people] who had traveled in the past and contracted it overseas or who is associated with someone like that.

In level 2, the kids can go back to school but that distancing system has to be in place as well as the handwashing, and coughing, sneezing rule. More people can now go back to work so more stores will open up. Same rules apply for each open store. There has to be distancing set up in each store or business. People can also gather with up to 10 as a group but no more than. We can also travel outside our area. Rules for funerals have also loosened a little at this level.

I do not know what level 1 will look like but I think we will get there if we don't have a resurgence on level 2. Hopefully, that will be in two weeks time....