U.S. needs to prepare for Coronavirus

We believe the words of Ecclesiates 4:9-12. We are the living body called to break bread together and experience life together within the new kingdom. Enjoy games and other banter in this forum, from topics A to Z.
grace
Forum Newbie

Americans should prepare for coronavirus crisis in U.S., CDC says
"It's not so much a question of if this will happen any more, but rather more a question of exactly when," one official said.
Top U.S. public health officials said Tuesday that Americans should prepare for the spread of the coronavirus in communities across the country.
"It's not so much a question of if this will happen any more, but rather more a question of exactly when this will happen and how many people in this country will have severe illness

evidence that the virus is spreading countries outside of Asia, such as Iran and Italy, has raised CDC's "level of concern and expectation that we'll see spread" in the U.S.

As of Tuesday, more than 300 cases had been reported in Italy. Iran had nearly 100 cases.

"When you start to see sustained transmission in other countries throughout the world, it's inevitable that it will come to the United States," Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told NBC News.
Messonnier cautioned Americans to prepare for disruptions to their daily lives, including school closings, working from home and delayed elective medical procedures, as efforts to contain and control the possible spread in the U.S. may accelerate in the coming weeks......
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... s-n1142556

What they seem to be telling us is they likely can not stop this virus. But before it gets widespread in U.S. we should buy enough food and have enough meds etc to last for two weeks. Once it gets here people will panic buy.
The less you have to leave home and be in public the better.
Prepare for disruptions to daily lives, including school closings, working from home and delayed elective medical procedures, as efforts to contain and control the possible spread in the U.S. may accelerate in the coming weeks.

It seems elderly and those with other health complications are most at worst risk They dont want panic situations

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on Tuesday warned that it expects the novel coronavirus to begin spreading in the U.S. at the community level, and that “disruption to everyday life may be severe.” https://www.facebook.com/FoxNews/?__tn_ ... DJI6rzwlJo
Striver
Site Admin

I saw a mortality chart, it looks bad for anyone over about 50. Even the 40-49 cohort does not do well relative to something like the flu.

50-59 1.3%
60-69 3.6%
70-79 8.0%
80+ 14.8%

Everyone else is 0.2% with almost none for under 9. Thanks be to God it doesn't seem to hit the kids as hard.

Seems highly contagious though and will make a lot of people very sick for a sustained period of time. I saw a study in China saying that it's 100-1000x more likely to bond than other coronaviruses.

I would also say that it's already spread far wider than I think most would have us think.
grace
Forum Newbie

Pope Francis has come down with a cold as Italy battles Europe's worst outbreak of the novel coronavirus

83 year old Pope Francis said Sunday (Mar 1) he would not be taking part in a planned six-day spiritual retreat south of Rome after coming down with a "cold"
It is the first time in his seven-year papacy that Francis has missed the spiritual exercises that he initiated early in his pontificate.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/pope-franc ... t-n1146421

This is the third day in a row he has cancelled......So does the Pope have Corona Virus? .....
As Striver pointed out the virus appears is hardest on the Elderly and those with other under lying health issues........
grace
Forum Newbie

I read this post today, and borrowed it thought it worthy of sharing ....

In three short months, just like He did with the plagues of Egypt, God has taken away everything most worship.
God said, "you want to worship athletes, I will shut down the stadiums.
You want to worship musicians, I will shut down concerts an Civic Centers.
You want to worship actors, I will shut down theaters. You want to worship money,
I will shut down the economy and collapse the stock market.
You don't want to go to church and worship Me, I will make it where you can't go to church"
"If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face
and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Maybe we need to take this time of isolation from the distractions of the world an focus more on
the ONLY thing in the world that really matters. Jesus.