Ancient of Days?

A simple forum to discuss Jesus Christ, Christianity, and anything else pertaining to the faith we hold to be true. This is the forum to discuss all religious topics not covered in their own specific forum.
Striver
Site Admin

I've always been partially fascinated by this term Ancient of Days used in Daniel 7:9. I would even say that I am drawn to the title. It's like it connotes more than meets the eye, obviously being a reference to God always being there, but also sounding like a venerable and noble type. Seems to really resonate with the idea of wisdom in my head.

Anyway, God obviously has numerous titles like Lord of Hosts (Lord of Heaven's Armies as the NLT says) and other terms...Adonai (Lord), Father, etc. This title is used a good bit less.

I've also seen a lot of people reference it in a secular or even pagan sense, obviously themselves drawn to the use or mysticism this term seems to hold.

Now I can Google this, but I think a discussion might yield more if I pick some other brains. Is this term derived from anywhere or was this a term that first came into English as a result of this translation?

I'm attaching this image that was drawn by the poet William Blake. I'm not even sure this is how I would imagine or draw God, but it represents an idea at least:

Source: Wikipedia
Shekinah
Forum Newbie

I love the song by Ron Kenoly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOe5GpqFJrE
Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account. Hebrew 4:13
Joshua
Forum Newbie

Well this is what I have from a little google search, sorry I cheated. Haha

I will keep this short for now as it's nearly midnight.

"Ancient of Days" was mentioned 3 times in the book of Daniel and in the whole Bible, apparently it is a translation from Aramaic "atik yomin" which is translated to ancient days.