Working for the Good of All (Galatians 6:10 CSB)

Discuss the Bible and specific Bible study topics in this forum.
Striver
Site Admin

Galatians 6:10 CSB
Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us work for the good of all, especially for those who belong to the household of faith.

How hard is this one!? Sure it's easy to work for good sometimes, but try working for the good of all when all is sticking a certain finger up at you in traffic or all is the most annoying, completely bothersome coworker at work. It gets a little more difficult. What about working for the good of all when it comes to the other political party or other team's fanbase? Heck, what's even their good?

Thankfully, God showed us the way: a life lived in humility for the good of others. He also gave us a bit of a manual, although you can't always read it quite like that pretty often. The Bible is a book full of wisdom and lessons through stories, letters and much more.

And we have God to give us the opportunity. Thomas Edison once said "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." One of the worst heresies seems to be that Christianity will make life easy or simple. Rather, Christianity can make life hard. Blessedly, we have a Savior that went there and died on the cross to redeem our mistakes.

You want to talk about the good of all? Then look no further than that specific death on the cross. It opened a way to God we could not otherwise take. And God did this himself, through his Son. It's both a maddening mystery and, simultaneously, the greatest gift ever given to mankind.

So take that gift, and work for the good of all, especially your brothers and sisters in the Lord!
Adonai4me
Forum Newbie

"working for the good of all" Yes, not easy at all. Not impossible of course but, not easy to take the narrow road. I am so grateful He has changed my whole outlook, worldview, and am now able and even at times eager to help someone. The old me would not have given it a thought. He's well...He just IS! Boy, this is quite the road trip, yes?
Shekinah
Forum Newbie

Adonai4me wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:52 pm "working for the good of all" Yes, not easy at all. Not impossible of course but, not easy to take the narrow road. I am so grateful He has changed my whole outlook, worldview, and am now able and even at times eager to help someone. The old me would not have given it a thought. He's well...He just IS! Boy, this is quite the road trip, yes?
The narrow road is certainly the road that teaches us to me more like Jesus and less like the world. I can vouch for the change in worldview and attitude that seems so far away from how Jesus viewed people, situations and how we apply his word to things that can happen on our path towards holiness and righteousness.
As Paul once said in Philippians 3
12 Not that I have already reached the goal or am already fully mature, but I make every effort to take hold of it because I also have been taken hold of by Christ Jesus. 13 Brothers, I do not consider myself to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what is ahead, 14 I pursue as my goal the prize promised by God’s heavenly call in Christ Jesus. Blessings and Peace!
Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account. Hebrew 4:13