What tools or resources do you use for Bible study?

Discuss the Bible and specific Bible study topics in this forum.
Striver
Site Admin

Just an open-ended question. When you settle down to do a good Bible study, what tools do you use?

I like to pray for understanding to begin when I am really studying. Sadly, I neglect to do this enough.

As far as what actual tools, sometimes I have a notebook or something like Evernote open. I don't really have access to Commentaries, although I have a few scattered volumes I've used. Typically, I've relied on Study Bible notes and books. In the past, I did have access to some older Commentaries like Matthew Henry via some old Bible software I purchased many years ago. I haven't been able to get into Logos, but have used online resources like Blue Letter Bible.
Adonai4me
Forum Newbie

Striver wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:39 pm Just an open-ended question. When you settle down to do a good Bible study, what tools do you use?

I like to pray for understanding to begin when I am really studying. Sadly, I neglect to do this enough.

As far as what actual tools, sometimes I have a notebook or something like Evernote open. I don't really have access to Commentaries, although I have a few scattered volumes I've used. Typically, I've relied on Study Bible notes and books. In the past, I did have access to some older Commentaries like Matthew Henry via some old Bible software I purchased many years ago. I haven't been able to get into Logos, but have used online resources like Blue Letter Bible.
Hello Striver,
I know what you mean when you say you neglect to ask for understanding, for guidance, Many times I neglect that as well before opening The Word. As far as commentaries, I read tons of them online, especially Matthew Henry's. There are all sorts of tools online to be used, just put it in your browser maybe?